FLYING WHALES’ goal is to develop and industrialize a unique 60 tons Large Capacity Airship, dedicated to freight transport. This solution will embark disruptive technologies addressing world challenges: low environmental impact and low operating cost.
This innovative solution is developed in cooperation with a consortium of French and foreign partners in the aerospace industry. Above all, this project currently gathers more than 100 passionate who represent the aviation great pioneers of our time.
FLYING WHALES bases its growth on key human values such as inclusive teamwork and boldness, with the ambition to contribute significantly to the emergence of a new world. We invite you to be part of this great disruptive industrial adventure that will lead to the emergence of a new generation of transportation solution.
Under the direction of the Head of Safety department and the coordination of the LCA60T Project Safety Coordinator, the incumbent supports all activities linked with safety and reliability of the developed airship.
His/her main responsibilities are:
- Conduct and review safety assessments at aircraft level such as Airship FHA, PASA, Safety/Reliability Common Data Document
- Conduct and review Common Cause Analyses (CCA) including PRA, CMA and ZSA
- Check the consistency of System Safety Analyses (SSAs)
- Generate safety and reliability objectives in different levels to ensure the overall product integrity
- Support the design team and the certification team, including participation to reviews and meetings with Aviation Authorities and suppliers,
- Support the internal training sessions on safety processes and methods.
You have a first significant experience (3 years) in the safety or reliability domain at aircraft or system level (internship and apprenticeship are considered).
- Engineering Degree or equivalent Master’s degree,
- Experience in practicing ARP 4754A and ARP 4761, or equivalent standards/guidelines,
- Familiar with safety analysis at aircraft level, including FHA, PASA, ASA and PRA, CMA, ZSA, and/or with Human-Machine Interface analysis,
- Familiar with the methods of safety and reliability such as FTA, FMEA, calculation and allocation of safety objectives to systems,
- Your knowledge of either structure, avionics, electrical or propulsion systems will be a plus
- Very good English is required for the position. Other languages (French, Spanish, Chinese) are a plus,
- You enjoy small working team, you are enthusiastic and open,
- You face challenges with passion, and you love to over-deliver,
- You have a strong ambition for your skills development or your career, and you want to participate as a pioneer in an aerospace project.
Quality focused, rigor & big appetite for this adventure are mandatory!