FLYING WHALES’ goal is to develop and industrialize a unique 60 tons Large Capacity Airship, dedicated to freight transport. This solution will embark disruptive technologies addressing world challenges: low environmental impact and low operating cost.
This innovative solution is developed in cooperation with a consortium of French and foreign partners in the aerospace industry. Above all, this project currently gathers more than 100 passionate who represent the aviation great pioneers of our time.
FLYING WHALES bases its growth on key human values such as inclusive teamwork and boldness, with the ambition to contribute significantly to the emergence of a new world. We invite you to be part of this great disruptive industrial adventure that will lead to the emergence of a new generation of transportation solution.
You will be in charge of supporting the operation ecosystem of FLYING WHALES SERVICES (FWS) with European and National Aviation Authorities for the future airline company that will operate the LCA60T.
As Operations Engineer, you will have to:
- Support the writing of the Concept of Operations for which the issuance and validation is a Operations Department target;
- Call and participate important meetings with internal Department and Subcontractors;
- Support and drive discussions with Authorities (DGAC, EASA);
- Support upcoming international discussions for operations in China and Canada;
- Participate in the creation of the safety philosophy of FWS;
- Support creation of standards and operating manual of FLYING WHALES SERVICES;
- Support FWS Set-up;
- Support and set-up the procedure management of the future airline that will operate the airship, FLYING WHALES SERVICES;
- Propose innovative and adapted management of all compliance processes and documents for operations.
You have an education in aeronautics, preferably in an operating environment (Planes, helicopters, lighter-than-air), with a transverse vision on all operation-related activities.
You have knowledge of Quality processes, know how to face technical teams and are ready to cooperate on various aspects. You have good interpersonal skills with a sense of negotiation and are ready to work in a team environment.
- Education in operations, safety management system (SMS) for an airline, and risks assessments.
- Education in regulation understanding, EASA or National Aviation Authorities rules.
- Leadership, self-confidence and negotiation ability is added value.
- Possess a complete understanding of mission requirements.
- Ability to understand the specificities of airship operations.
- You have good communication skills.
Nice to have skills:
- Computer science, electronic documentation management.
- Private or professional flying or sailing licence.
- English and French proficiency, German or Chinese is a plus.
- You enjoy small working team, you are enthusiastic and open,
- You face challenges with passion and you like to over-deliver,
- You must be willing to build and develop a one-of-a-kind activity.
Very good English (C1), Quality focused, rigor & big appetite for this adventure are mandatory!