FLYING WHALES’ goal is to develop and industrialize a unique 60 tons Large Capacity Airship, dedicated to freight transport. This solution will embark disruptive technologies addressing world challenges: low environmental impact and low operating cost.
This innovative solution is developed in cooperation with a consortium of French and foreign partners in the aerospace industry. Above all, this project currently gathers more than 100 passionate who represent the aviation great pioneers of our time.
FLYING WHALES bases its growth on key human values such as inclusive teamwork and boldness, with the ambition to contribute significantly to the emergence of a new world. We invite you to be part of this great disruptive industrial adventure that will lead to the emergence of a new generation of transportation solution.
The main mission is to contribute to the Type Certification of the LCA60T airship.
Under the direction of the Head of Airworthiness Office Manager and the coordination of the Project Certification Coordinator, the Airworthiness is in charge of the following activities for the specific domain he/she is assigned to:
- Acting as airworthiness focal point for internal departments like Design Office, Quality Office, …, and external bodies like Aviation Authorities, suppliers, ….
- Ensure all certification activities are appropriately completed and certification documents are prepared so as to be ready for airworthiness release.
- Contribute to the establishment of the certification basis, certification plans and CRIs for his/her domain.
- Ensure the adequacy and consistency of the information used in order to demonstrate compliance.
- Review and check that the compliance demonstration documents, manuals and any other document subject to authority approval are prepared in compliance with the certification and environmental protection requirements. Ensure that certification documents are accepted by certification authority.
- Support the organization of panel meetings and keep minutes of meetings as well as ensure timely closure of action items initiated in those meetings.
- Assist CVEs in their works and work in close cooperation with them.
- Assist Project Certification Coordinator in his/her daily work and provide necessary inputs to establish the status of the certification program.
You have a first significant experience (3 years) in the airworthiness domain (internship and apprenticeship are considered), specialized in at least one of the following domains: Avionics, mechanical systems, EWIS, cabin or HMI.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent Master’s degree,
- Experience in cabin, avionics, embedded systems, EWIS or HMI design & certification,
- You are familiar with global aeronautical type certification process in Europe or USA (especially EASA Part 21 and standard Certification Specifications for any kind of aircraft).
- Engineering Grade or equivalent Master Degree required,
- An experience in a complete aircraft/system certification process is a plus.
- Very good English is required for the position. Other languages (French, Spanish, Chinese) are a plus,
- Communication: capable of explaining and arguing on an airworthiness position
- You enjoy small working team, you are enthusiastic and open,
- You face challenges with passion, and you love to over-deliver,
- You have a strong ambition for your skills development or your career, and you want to participate as a pioneer in an aerospace project.
Quality focused, rigor & big appetite for this adventure are mandatory!